Neck Invader Direction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Invader Direction?

I just find out that I have made a mistake when I have mounted my neck Invader. SD logo is on the neck side and I guess it would be on the bridge side. Does it really make a difference in sound? Should I place it in the right direction? Thanks.

Re: Neck Invader Direction?

Bump, bump, bump. So hard?

Comment

I think I've read something in another thread (can't remember which one though, sorry) about taming the bass on a neck pickup by rotating it in the cavity so the adjustable polepieces face the bridge. (basicly what you have done now) So there should be a difference in sound but I'm not shure if the Invader is an exeption with those huge polepieces. So don't take my word on this one, just trying to help. (wouldn't want to make Mattt angry now would we ) I guess just flipping it over isn't a huge operation, just loosen up the strings and flip it over tune up and there you go. Try it and you will see.

Comment

No experience but:
        With the invader all polepieces are the same and adjustable, right?... what Nightburst is talking about is that there is a difference in sound between the stud and screw coil because of the different pole pieces. With the Invader both coils have screws and i think they're both wounded the same (?)...so the coils should be identical..so i guess you won't hear any difference ... but to go sure follow Nightbursts advice and test it
        Btw Logo on the neck side looks cool
        RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
        TS 7 (modded)
        Hot Rod 50+ XL
        Framus Dragon 4x12
        V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Thanks guys. I was thinking the same things that you have stated. I admit I'm a bit lazy but this pickup stand in my Flying V and I have to loose the strings, take the kahler trem off and unscrew the pickguard and finally change the position of the invader. Too much for a sunday. I promise I will make it some day or another and will report the result in the forum. Thanks again.

Comment

What do you think of that neck Invader BTW? Everyone always says it's muddy as all hell yet somehow I don't think it does on the CD? Weird.
            Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
            Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
            Originally posted by Sosomething
            "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

I don't find the neck invader muddy. IMO that's due to the lot of bass and middle that make people say it's muddy. Compare to a Gibson 490R there's no muddiness at all here. I can say that's not a pickup made for vintage sound, it has a particular color to it that is difficult to qualify. Not warm and aggressive under distortion if that's what you're searching for.

Comment

Working...
              X