Wiring help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring help.

I just got the pups and I am excited, I have the schematic from Ibanez and I am almost ready to go. I just and a little confused on the wiring thing. I am not chainging the action of the 5 way switch I just want to wire it the same. I have and Ibanez Rg270 DX its my baby but I want to make sure the wiring colors match up. Can some one verify the difference between the stock Dimarzio (probably spelled that wrong) and the new SD. I would apprecite and info?
    Live long, play hard, enjoy life.

Re: Wiring help.

So what you are saying is that you are replacing the stock pickups with SD's?
    Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio use different colours from each other and from Ibanez.

This link should provide you with all the colour codes and their polarities. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks that is a sweet site, I am just wiring it stock nothing fancy. Thanks for the help.

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

One more thing and I am sorry to bother you folks but do I have to wire two of the colors together and just tape them off. I am not sure what ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Radeon
            One more thing and I am sorry to bother you folks but do I have to wire two of the colors together and just tape them off. I am not sure what ones?
            the wires you solder together and tape off are the (on the seymour duncan pickup)red and white ones. dont worry about bothering us with questions, theres no such thing

Comment

Thanks holy dirt now i will get the iron hot and hope to have them installed by this evening. I have to work but I gave serious thought on calling in to get this set up.

Comment

Working...
              X