how's this combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how's this combo?

ok, i've decided to go with the hot rails for the enck position, cool rails for middle position. along with the Custom in bridge, how's this combo?

-Jim

Re: how's this combo?

sounds good to me. I'm not a fan of the hot rails in the neck but some people seem to like it. I say try it out. If you don't like it, try a cool rails 2nd, or a little '59. I usually stick a JB or Distortion in the bridge of my guitars. Let me know how that Custom works out for ya, I've never used one.

Comment

thanks Xero

the custom is great, i sound just like jason becker with it
      i hope the hot rails works out, because the dimarzio choppers in it suck big time.
      maybe i'll put the choppers in a strat :
      i dont know, i'll figure that out later

Comment

My Rock Legend has a JB in the bridge, and it sounds AMAZING. It has two Hot Rails, as well, and I'm less than thrilled with them. They sound good, but I'm dying to swap them out for JB Juniors or SSL-1's.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
          My Rock Legend has a JB in the bridge, and it sounds AMAZING. It has two Hot Rails, as well, and I'm less than thrilled with them. They sound good, but I'm dying to swap them out for JB Juniors or SSL-1's.
          what dont you like about them?
          i need to know pretty soon as i should be getting them fairly soon.
          i would mainly be using the hot rails for shredding in the neck, and a cool rails for cleaner stuff in middle. is the JB jr better for playing that kinda stuff?

Comment

My friend has the identical model Rock Legend that I do, and I think the JB Jr's sound better: they have better definition & bite. The JB is incedibly warm sounding, and is great for old school sounds, but I mainly use it for rhythm work. For shredding I prefer to use my Jem which as Breeds or my M1 or Kamikaze, which have Screamin' Demons.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I agree with twilight. The cool rails and 59 I like in the neck. JB jr. I never tried. I find the hot rails in the neck to be muddy and blah sounding, cool rails are by no means wimpy, just clearer.

Comment

what are the differences between CR and lil 59 in bridge?? I like warm sounds but afraid of vintage tone....

Comment

Originally posted by edi_87
                  what are the differences between CR and lil 59 in bridge?? I like warm sounds but afraid of vintage tone....
                  they'd be fine, they're not so "vintage" as too not have some nice lead tones and rhythm. i would imagine the cool rails sounding cool!

Comment

Working...
                  X