Massive Wiring Brain Fart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive Wiring Brain Fart

I hope I dont piss you folks off but I am either parinoid or stupid or both. I am wiring up a set of SD in HSH configuration with nothing fancy. I have a five way swith all lugs on the same side if that makes a difference. I have the standard 3 conductor Dimarzio pups and now have the 4 wire delima. I just dont want to screw anything up to badly but I dont have the cash to pay for the installs. I am not coil splitting or anything fancy like that I might have and anurisim if I tried that about now. So I guess I am being extra cautios about installing them. I did see a post were I might have to flip a magnet but I am not sure I am ready to go there yet. The baby is an Ibanez RG 270 DX I know its not top of the line but it fits and plays like its my hands. Any help and suggetsions would be fine. I can follow a wiring diagram and solder fairly well. Thanks for the patientce and your time.
    Live long, play hard, enjoy life.

Re: Massive Wiring Brain Fart

Originally posted by Radeon
    I hope I dont piss you folks off but I am either parinoid or stupid or both. I am wiring up a set of SD in HSH configuration with nothing fancy. I have a five way swith all lugs on the same side if that makes a difference. I have the standard 3 conductor Dimarzio pups and now have the 4 wire delima. I just dont want to screw anything up to badly but I dont have the cash to pay for the installs. I am not coil splitting or anything fancy like that I might have and anurisim if I tried that about now. So I guess I am being extra cautios about installing them. I did see a post were I might have to flip a magnet but I am not sure I am ready to go there yet. The baby is an Ibanez RG 270 DX I know its not top of the line but it fits and plays like its my hands. Any help and suggetsions would be fine. I can follow a wiring diagram and solder fairly well. Thanks for the patientce and your time.
    I play ibanez myself, what you want to do is with the duncans connect the black wire to where the ibanez's red wires are and the green/bare are grounds(top of the pot) the black and white wires of the duncans will get twisted together and soldered to the lugs where the old ibanez pups white wires were( they are powersounds not dimarzio's BTW!)
    follow this and you are set unless the middle power sound is out of phase with the duncans if that is the case make the duncans green wire hot and the black ground with bare wire
    Last edited by RG 2570; 04-19-2004, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I apprecate it and yes the powersounds are dimarzios. I just have listend and played with many gutiars that have the SD's and I love em. They have all the ranges covered very well so you can get just that tone your looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Radeon
        yes the powersounds are dimarzios.
        powersounds are made in korea and have no affiliation to dimarzio USA

Comment

I stand corrected thank you for the info RG I apprecate it very much. I thought that the standard for the RG was a Dimarzio but like the low end?

Comment

Working...
          X