banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dimebucker vs. 500XL, how does the TONE differ? Not "which one is Dime's sound?"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebucker vs. 500XL, how does the TONE differ? Not "which one is Dime's sound?"...

Ive seen a couple of posts debating which one gets Dime's tone or just saying one is "better" than the other. Frankly, i don't really care which he used, i love his sound and his playing but im definently not trying to copy any specific tone of his. I have a pretty good idea of how the Dimebucker sounds, but how does the 500XL in comparison. How do they differ in output, frequency response, dynamics etc.? Thanks!
    EBMM H-S-H Silhouette

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender MIM Stratocaster

Bogner Goldfinger 45 1x12 Combo

Re: Dimebucker vs. 500XL, how does the TONE differ? Not "which one is Dime's sound?"...

I can't tell you very much about either pickup, but from what I've been hearing the L-500XL is very clear and has quite a bit of output, and the dynamics are very nice as well. I don't know how its output compares to that of the Dimebucker however.
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Working...
    X