Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90's VS Phat Cats

Hey Guys/Gals,
    Since I haven't heard a clip of the Phat Cat's yet I am wondering how well do they compare to the SD P90's.
    I am planning on building a Tele with either 2 P90's, but the idea of using the Phat Cat's and retaining a standard HB route is very appealing. The only question is, how well do the Phatties resemble the SD P90's.
    Thanks to everyone in advance.
    Lou Driver
    MIA Fender Deluxe Strat (Surfer Set/Custom Bridge)
    MIJ Strat APS1/APS1/PATB-3
    MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
    69' SF Bassman/ 212 Avatar Cab.
    Ibanez LR10 Semi Hollow Body
    Martin D28

Re: P90's VS Phat Cats

Anyone????? Bueller??????Bueller????Bueller????
    MIA Fender Deluxe Strat (Surfer Set/Custom Bridge)
    MIJ Strat APS1/APS1/PATB-3
    MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
    69' SF Bassman/ 212 Avatar Cab.
    Ibanez LR10 Semi Hollow Body
    Martin D28

Comment

I love that dragon emoticon...
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I just had a Phat Cat installed in the neck slot of an American Series Tele. It sounds real nice so far, although I've only played it for about 20 minutes to check it out. It seems pretty similar to the few other P90s I've tried in the past (vintage LP Special, PRS McCarty Soapbar, Godin LG) -- less muddy than some, more midrange and high end than others. I think it might have a bit less hum than the typical P90. I would choose it over a P90 if it saved some routing, which was the case for me.

Comment

The PCs are great-sounding, have all the characteristics of a good P90, and are very, very quiet as well. I have a pair in a LP right now. They sound so good that I can't bring myself to put the Ants back in...yet.

Comment

Working...
          X