Trembucker vs Standard in Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trembucker vs Standard in Strat

I found a Custom Custom on ebay for a great price, forgot to check my string spacing first (duh!!). What I have is an SH-11, but my existing HB in my Fat Strat is wider spacing. How much of a difference is this going to make? Is it even worth my while to put the SH-11 in or should I just resell and get a TB-11?

Damn... I was so ready to change out my pup!!
    Mike (aka PhatStrat)

There are three things that make life truly worth living; a Savior, a Soulmate and a Stratocaster. I have been fortunate enough in my life to have acquired all three.

Re: Trembucker vs Standard in Strat

I just posted in your Trading Post ad. Try the SH-11 in the Strat. The SH-6 in my ESP (with a Floyd) sounds great. I had a trem spaced one in before, and I really don't hear any difference.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Re: Trembucker vs Standard in Strat

OK... forget it. I didn't want to wait so I installed the SH-11 pup. I am now totally in love with my HB in my Fat Strat... so no need to change it again. The MIM Tex Mex that was original has Alnico V mags, and MAN do the Alnico II's in the SH-11 warm this baby up. It's like falling in love all over again (gees I hope my wife doesn't read this forum!!)
      Mike (aka PhatStrat)

There are three things that make life truly worth living; a Savior, a Soulmate and a Stratocaster. I have been fortunate enough in my life to have acquired all three.

Comment

Working...
      X