A Tale of Two Strats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Tale of Two Strats

Well I just placed an order for my new Warmoth Strat body -- finally settled on alder for the body wood just 'cuz it's a Strat and Strats should be made of alder.

This new Strat is gonna pair up with the one I've already got which has three Tex Mex single-coils and a maple neck. I'm gonna change the pups to a JB bridge, QP mid, Hot Rails neck 'cuz I like my stuff heavy. Obviously this will be a bright-sounding guitar -- anybody who's heard Green Day knows a JB bridge with a maple neck Strat is pretty trebley.

The new Strat will have a rosewood neck and I'm aiming for a crunchier sound with it, so I'm considering a DiMarzio Super Distortion bridge and a SD 59 neck just 'cuz the 59 neck seems to be the all-around best neck humbucker. It's also gonna have the cool G&L PTB tone control so I can turn down the lows and highs and get lots of midrange...nice huh?

So if you're still reading this (which I doubt), do you think I'm gonna achieve my goal with these axes? Any suggestions? 'Cuz I'm open to suggestions at this point...
    green globe burned black by sunn

Re: A Tale of Two Strats

I like it. If you know of a place that has the G&L PTB controll wiring diagram, let me know.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Re: A Tale of Two Strats

www.glguitars.com has some diagrams that i remember looking at -- don't really remember exactly, just look around.

And I know somebody on this forum has a Strat they wired like that...
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
      X