My pot is burning! lol not that kind :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pot is burning! lol not that kind :P

Hey guys been a while,I used to be magnet_head for those that might rember and have run into a problem.I changed my pg set back to my jazz(n) jb(b) combo and when I am playing I notice that my bridge volume pot is getting warm when I play,also when I switched I noticed alot of distorted like sounds most audible when using chorus or my acoustic sim on my marshall.I figured it was a cold solder joint and sure enough it was but now it gets warm so could the pot have been destroyed? I know the wires are all in the correct place.
    thanks for the help

Mike.

P.S. nice new forum here good job guys.
    Formely magnet_head here at SD in the old forum.

Re: My pot is burning! lol not that kind :P

The only way a volume pot could get warm, is if your amp is feeding back voltage into the guitar - a very serious, and potentially dangerous situation. get it checked soon!

A guitar pickup just doesn't generate the kind of power it takes to heat a control.

(Or, maybe, a bad pedal in the chain.)

Comment

yeah arties got it. if its getting hot, thats not a good thing since there isnt anything in a guitar that should create that kinda heat, unless your names ace

Comment

Ok so if I had nicked a power wire and it was shorting to the back of the pot could this cause the heating trouble?

Thanks for the advice and help as always regards,
        Mike.
        Formely magnet_head here at SD in the old forum.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
          there isnt anything in a guitar that should create that kinda heat, unless your names ace
          LOL ....good one

Comment

Originally posted by blackaxe
            Ok so if I had nicked a power wire and it was shorting to the back of the pot could this cause the heating trouble?

Thanks for the advice and help as always regards,
            Mike.
            If you take every wire in a guitar, and short them together, and then play it with a hammer - you can't generate heat-producing power.

You have some other type of problem, or high metabolism.

Comment

Working...
            X