Pup Storage Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pup Storage Question

Ok, this is probably a dumb question, but here it goes. I have a couple pickups that I want to store for awhile. I dont have the original plastic cases the pups came in. Is there any special way I should store them or would they be alright if I just wrapped them in bubble wrap and put them in a shoe box?

Thanks Guys.

Re: Pup Storage Question

Should be OK. Just don't store em near extreme heat, like in the furnace room or anything like that. ( the bubble wrap could melt ) Also, mark them, so you know later which pickup is which.
    Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Originally posted by 59paul
      Should be OK. Just don't store em near extreme heat, like in the furnace room or anything like that. ( the bubble wrap could melt ) Also, mark them, so you know later which pickup is which.
      There you go, also keep them away from electromagnetic fields, and large amounts of current (duct taping them to the power inlet of you home wouldn't be a great idea ) ... if you wrap them up a couple of those moisture absorbing packets in with them wouldn't be a bad idea. It also helps to wrap them in paper first, just in case the plastic degrades (maybe there was a solvent of cleaner on your hands that you didn't realize ... that will keep the plastic from melding to the pup (also in case something leaks on it), they also make a special paper that is treated with a chemical that inhibits oxidation of the metal ... you'll have to look around for it, but it's out there. Not really necessary, but good nonetheless.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Thanks guys!! I thought they would be fine, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Skullkrusher
          Ok, this is probably a dumb question, but here it goes. I have a couple pickups that I want to store for awhile. I dont have the original plastic cases the pups came in. Is there any special way I should store them or would they be alright if I just wrapped them in bubble wrap and put them in a shoe box?

Thanks Guys.
          I use a tacklebox for all my pickup/electronics gear! I have the kind with the pull out shelves in the bottom-perfect sized for my pickups. The top has a large storage space where my soldering iron goes. I had a JB and HR in there for 3 years and they were fine.

Farkus
          2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
          1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Working...
          X