66 SG patent number pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 SG patent number pickups

I just lucked into a 66 Sg Custom and the pickups all seem to be microphonic. I can actually sing through them. Are they toast or maybe I just hooked something up wrong? Help!

Re: 66 SG patent number pickups

IF the PUPS are microphonic..... They are working, they need to be wax potted to eliminate this. Don't replace them until you wax them. Check the vault, there should be some instructions on how to do this. It's pretty simple melt some parafin wax in a pot, dip the pups in and wait till all the bubbles stop. Remove the pups and place them on a paper plate to let cool. Replace the PUP covers and redip them in the wax. Remove from the wax and let it dry on a paper plate again. Reinstall the pups and you should be good to go!
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Re: 66 SG patent number pickups

Thanks for the advice.

I've read that article and I hate to accidently screw up the pups.

I'll have to make sure that there's some foam pad under them and change the mounting springs to rubber.

Either that or get some Antiquties.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
      X