Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please

I'm thinking about swapping out the stock pickups in my Washburn x10 (strat style solid body) with something a little better. The guitar has a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and a H/S/S config. Since I play everything from folk, blues, rock, metal, classic rock and a little old time country I need a setup that would give me the widest range possible without limiting the sound (yes I want the world, the moon and the stars! ) so I think I might have came up with something that should work for everything. But I would like some outside opinions before I do anything wild.

Neck: Cool Rails
    Middle: Duckbucker
    Bridge: Screamin Demon or Duncan Custom

Re: Opinions please

if its blues rock metal AND classic rock maybe you're looking at something like what you have above.. the custom is a good choice, or so I hear, but isnt the duckbucker sort of transparent? or does it emulate a strat-like sound?
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Re: Opinions please

From what I've heard the duckbucker has a nice "quack" like the strats... plus I think they sound sweet.

Comment

Working...
      X