brad gillis of night ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brad gillis of night ranger

anybody know what pickups brad gillis of night ranger uses ? i know he is using seymour duncans and i know the neck is an old hot stack i just don't know what he uses for a bridge humbucker to get those screamin harmonics and crazy sustain ! and crunchy rhythm tone he has now ! i know he was using a PJ MAXX back in the day but now he has a duncan humbucker of some kind ?
    Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
    Suhr OD-50
    Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Re: brad gillis of night ranger

I didn't know he was playing SD's now. Go to his site and email him. He'll answer you back. I met him once and told him a buddy of mine (MrHm) had emailed him before with a question and he remembered the email and his reply. He's a really cool dude.

Brad Gillis is an American Solo Guitar Artist, guitarist for 'Night Ranger' and 'Ozzy Osbourne' composer & producer, creator of sound-tracks for TV Movies and Video Games.

Comment

I beleive he used a JB back in the old days...
      GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

We had 80's radio on at work the other day, and Sister Christian came on. MAN, I forgot what incredible lead tone he had on that tune. (or perhaps I never really paid that much attention before coming to this place). Man, what killer stuff, what a totally killer solo as well. It fit the song perfectly.
        Originally posted by Scott_F
        On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by JammerMatt
          We had 80's radio on at work the other day, and Sister Christian came on. MAN, I forgot what incredible lead tone he had on that tune. (or perhaps I never really paid that much attention before coming to this place). Man, what killer stuff, what a totally killer solo as well. It fit the song perfectly.
          your not kidding! both his and jeff watson's tones are smokin'
          Suhr OD-50
          Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY
            I didn't know he was playing SD's now. Go to his site and email him. He'll answer you back. I met him once and told him a buddy of mine (MrHm) had emailed him before with a question and he remembered the email and his reply. He's a really cool dude.

www.bradgillis.com
            Thanks JOLLY i did that and when i get the answer i'll post it here . i am going to see night ranger on friday here in connecticut . should be a good show!
            Suhr OD-50
            Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

Comment

Working...
            X