Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mixing Hot Stacks & JB Jr. ?

Hi !

I've got a Fender strat with 1 JB Jr. in bridge position and 2 Hot Stacks in middle and neck positions. The volume pot is a push-pull 500k which split the JB (pull = splitted) (...the volume pot was a 250k before). The tone pots are still the original ones (250k ... with the "1-2" positions which is a TBX).

What do you recommend concerning the electronic setting ?

Is the 500k volume pot not to high for the Hot Stacks. Should I use a resistor ? ... A 250K volume pot doesn't give all the power to the JB Jr but the Hot Stacks seem to have to much harshness...

What do you consider as I want also to give more power in distortion to the Hot Stack neck ? I think that it is to low...

another question : is it possible that a 500k volume pot can give more noise, hum and less volume at the output of the guitar ?

Thanks in advance !

Guil.
    Brussels.

Re: mixing Hot Stacks & JB Jr. ?

I had something smilar... i have Jb.Jr in TELE.. and a STR-1 neck i have 500K pots.. with JbJr it works good but STR-1 turns very clear and bright with 500K so i got an advise and put a 047uf capacitor between hot wire of STR-1 and the switch.. after that the tone got in balance.. I am splitting the Junior with tone switch so the capacitor of the tone switch is now that capacitor between neck pups hot wire and the switch.. You can try if you wish..

Comment

Working...
    X