'59 or '57???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '59 or '57???

do you like '59's crunch sound with Alnico 5 or '57's warm sound with Alnico II???Which one suits you better???
    90' Heritage H-147 w/Schaller Golden 50's
    99' USA Fender Stratocaster
    96' Fender Montara Electric/Acoustic
    79' Fender Twin Reverb 135W w/JBL's + Line 6 DM-4 + Boss OD-1 Overdrive + MXR DynaComp + Boss CH-1 Super Chorus + Jim Dunlop Crybaby

I like Alnico 5 in the bridge, and Alnico 2 or 3 in the neck...

Comment

Re: '59 or '57???

Originally posted by CsaRvoX
      do you like '59's crunch sound with Alnico 5 or '57's warm sound with Alnico II???Which one suits you better???
      I don't like the C57 pickup at all and much prefer the Duncan 59 everytime!

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

i don't like the 57 at all. the 59 has a much better tone, more balance and full sounding. the 57 sounds nothing like what an actual 57 sounded like. if you want to get a sound similar to the original humbucker try a seth lover model.
        Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
        X