hum neck tele?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hum neck tele?

i just got an '04 american deluxe tele., when changing pick-guards, i noticed the body was routed out for something larger than the stock single coil. i'm guessing this is to allow the body to be used for other models like tele custom, etc... does anyone know if a humbucker will drop right in with the right pick-guard?

Re: hum neck tele?

Welcome to the forum.

With the right pickguard, you should be able to mount pretty much any pickup in the neck, including a humbucker, mini-humbucker, or strat type single.

Pretty much anything that mounts to the pickguard.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

thanks benjy. what about wiring with that crazy s-1 system? do i have more options with a humbucker, or a nice p-90? i've heard some real great things about the p-90's. still not sure how i want to go with this guitar...

Comment

is that your fleet of axes standing up on the couch? nice stuff, man...if i looked at the right picture.

Comment

Originally posted by crash-hat
          is that your fleet of axes standing up on the couch? nice stuff, man...if i looked at the right picture.

Thanks

if they're the ones that are in the link on the bottom of the post, then yep, they're the ones.

As far as the S-1 Switching system, I saw the wiring options (for strats) and it never made much sense to me. I much preffer regular push/pull pots to do slitting and parallel/seres wiring.

As far as which wil give yo more wiring options, a four conductor humbucker at the neck will give you more wiring options than will a regular single.
          Last edited by Benjy_26; 04-24-2005, 10:53 PM.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Oddly enough, you can get teles with 2xsingles, single bridge/hum neck, and 2xhums - but NOT a single cooil at the neck with a humbucker at the bridge. Very odd, if you ask me...
            Colossians 1:15

Originally posted by Gr8Scott
            I absolutely have no doubt that Aceman has a glitter covered pony head on a stick that he occasionally saddles and rides around his office in full aceman regalia screaming like a cowboy on a meth binge just because the mood strikes him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbojsr
              Oddly enough, you can get teles with 2xsingles, single bridge/hum neck, and 2xhums - but NOT a single cooil at the neck with a humbucker at the bridge. Very odd, if you ask me...
              You're not looking hard enough . . .

J5 Telecaster

Comment

Pfft, I mean REAL tele, with a tele headstock - and not played by a wierd boy who wears make up
                Colossians 1:15

Originally posted by Gr8Scott
                I absolutely have no doubt that Aceman has a glitter covered pony head on a stick that he occasionally saddles and rides around his office in full aceman regalia screaming like a cowboy on a meth binge just because the mood strikes him.

Comment

Pfft, I mean REAL tele, with a tele headstock - and not played by a wierd boy who wears make up
                  BEST post ever! LOL!
                  Originally posted by Kanye West
                  Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

How about this one, with a pickguard change:

HH Tele

btw - I've got his new CD, and he spanks that Tele pretty good.

Comment

benjy, thanks for the info. i guess i don't really need to go too crazy with the wiring...i might even take out the s-1 and just use a regular volume pot when i change out the neck pickup. do you know what seymour humbucks or p-90's might compare to the sounds from incubus' new album? some of the guitar sounds on that record are amazing to my ears, not always the music, but the tones for sure!

Comment

But the man can play, though!

I think his guitar is rather cool, actually!
                        "Thou Shalt Not Spilleth Thy Beer"

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Classic's, Fender Stratocaster
                        Amps: Soldano SLO 100, Mesa/Boogie Lonestar Special, Hughes & Kettner Tube 20

Comment

Working...
                        X