I Love the Screamin' Demon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love the Screamin' Demon!!

I changed the strings on my M1 Tiger on Sunday, and I've been cutting some new demos with it. It's the 1st time I've played the M1 in a few weeks, since I've been tracking my band's debut CD with either my Wayne Rock Legend (JB/HR/HR) or my Strat (Joe Barden Strat Deluxe) ...

But, my fave is still the Demon! It has such a perfect growl, the output is just about perfect, it has all the sustain and upper harmonics you could wish for without being tinny sounding. It's actually a very, very clean pickup, and is quite warm souding, esp. considering the guitar is all maple with a maple/maple neck!

Just a great, well balanced pickup for old school metal!

That is all ...
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: I Love the Screamin' Demon!!

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
    I changed the strings on my M1 Tiger on Sunday, and I've been cutting some new demos with it. It's the 1st time I've played the M1 in a few weeks, since I've been tracking my band's debut CD with either my Wayne Rock Legend (JB/HR/HR) or my Strat (Joe Barden Strat Deluxe) ...

But, my fave is still the Demon! It has such a perfect growl, the output is just about perfect, it has all the sustain and upper harmonics you could wish for without being tinny sounding. It's actually a very, very clean pickup, and is quite warm souding, esp. considering the guitar is all maple with a maple/maple neck!

Just a great, well balanced pickup for old school metal!

That is all ...
    Cool...I have this pickup in one of my strats and your description is identical to the way mine sounds...Actually the SD is clean and similar to a bridge 59 pickup but has more growl and more mids..The 59 seems a bit fuller and darker sounding by comparison...The 59 isn't dark but it's not as bright and aggressive as the SD..

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

The SD has this weird thing about being able to be about 10 different pickups in one.

It's very PAFish clean, but *sounds* hot distorted, has amazing harmonics but isn't harsh, lots of aggression but still warm...

It's very Nicolas Cage.
      Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
      Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
      Originally posted by Sosomething
      "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Awesome pickup...I love mine alot....

Comment

As you know, I had one put in the neck position last week. It's currently my favorite alltime pick up, yes it has even won over the JB! I love it, the cleans are so amazing, the output is just right for me as well, it's balanced, rude, smooth like a Paf, yet sparkly like a single coil, both modern and vintage! Oh and did I forget about the killer harmonics and enough picking attack to to cut straight through your chest?! D*mn you've got me excited once again, can't help it ,it's so amazing!
          Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
          Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
          Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
          Marshall 2x12 Vintage
          Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

Originally posted by Neeradj
            As you know, I had one put in the neck position last week. It's currently my favorite alltime pick up, yes it has even won over the JB! I love it, the cleans are so amazing, the output is just right for me as well, it's balanced, rude, smooth like a Paf, yet sparkly like a single coil, both modern and vintage! Oh and did I forget about the killer harmonics and enough picking attack to to cut straight through your chest?! D*mn you've got me excited once again, can't help it ,it's so amazing!
            What's in the bridge?
            Ibanez RG1570: stock
            Squier Strat: stock

Next on the list: an amp that isn't crap!

Comment

I've been considering one of those for my G&L Invader.
              My "go to" pickup is the Custom 5, but I may opt for something different.

On a maple capped mahogany body (direct to wood) with
              a maple/rosewood fretboard and Floyd, the JB sounds
              a bit mushy and midrangey. I already know that a C-5 sounds great in everything, but I'm considering a Custom Tremspaced
              or Screamin Demon tremspaced. What would you guys use
              in a G&L Invader/Jackson/Tom Anderson type guitar?
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

The Demons in my SG's are huge man. They just flat out BITE and GROWL. No compressed tone with these pups.

Comment

Holy **** that sounds exelent! So the SD in neck position would be the perfect match for a JB bridge?

Comment

sure why not, i dont know what the middle position sound will be like but i bet it would be cool

Comment

Looking at the specs it should work, 10K neck 16K bridge, both alnico 5. I think both will sound great split too. Maybe in some time I'll make a post of how great the SD is too. Not shure how to read the resonant peak though.
                      Last edited by Nightburst; 03-17-2004, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X