Thoughts on the lil 59?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the lil 59?

Hi guys, right now i have a hotrial in the bridge of my strat and i lvoe the distrtion it gives off. BUt im somewhat unhappy with its cleans, and how shrill it can sound when soloing on higher frets. IM looking for asomehting mroe vintage sounding but at the same time it has to have balls to play songs laiden with distortion. IM thnking the lil 59 in the bridge? and recomendations for the neck and middle as well? ya im using all my pick ups now not just the brdige.
    Proud Master of Strats.....

Re: Thoughts on the lil 59?

I've got a lil '59 neck and a cool rails middle and I really like it, especially with them split and combined neck and middle it sounds great. I have a mahogany guitar though so it'll sound a little different. Personally I really like the setup I have. The lil 59 is definately warmer and has a good vintage feel to it in the neck. The cool rails sounds pretty good in the neck too though.

Comment

Re: Thoughts on the lil 59?

i put a lil '59 in a friends strat a while back. great all around p'up. the distortion was great and cleans were great too

as far as high fret soloing with cleans.. im more i fan of using the neck pickup for that in the first place to get that nice bluesy glassy tone.

Comment

Working...
      X