Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STK-P1 Stacked P-90's

Howdy,

I've got a Gibson ES-137 with some stock P-90's in it, and it's nearly impossible in many settings to run any distortion at all due to the noise, feedback, hiss, hum, shake, rattle and roll. I'm checking out the STK-P1 stacked P-90 humbuckers on the website. Does anyone have any comments about them?

Thanks for any advice you've got!

Re: STK-P1 Stacked P-90's

Hey kuma,

Welcome to the board!!! I've got a set of the Stacks in a Hamer solidbody (mahogany) and they're really nice pups. They're a little darker sounding than a set of Duncan Hot & Custom P90's I have in an almost identical guitar, which I think would be better for you since yer geetar is a hollowbody. You get all that nice P90 spank and grit without the noise. A little rollback on the volume and the tone & I'm in blues heaven. IMO they're definately worth you trying them. SD has a 21 day exchange policy if they're not your cup of tea. Hope this helps.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

Thanks for the advice! I've got to get rid of these stock pups, because they just can't be quiet anywhere! I'll check out the Hot P90's since you say they're quiet, and I really want to be able to use my ES-137 in the studio. I need to be able to get good distortion and in the same song be able to roll of the volume and get some nice clean tones, and I wasn't thinking a humbucker would give me the brighter stuff. Keep rockin'.

-Neal

Comment

Originally posted by kumasound
        Thanks for the advice! I've got to get rid of these stock pups, because they just can't be quiet anywhere! I'll check out the Hot P90's since you say they're quiet, and I really want to be able to use my ES-137 in the studio. I need to be able to get good distortion and in the same song be able to roll of the volume and get some nice clean tones, and I wasn't thinking a humbucker would give me the brighter stuff. Keep rockin'.

-Neal

Hey Neal,

I just re-read my post and I guess my wording wasn't very clear. The Hot & Custom are not Buckers so they do have some P90 noise, although it doesn't bother me in my set-up. They may or may not be noisy with your ES, I don't know. I meant the Stacks were the quiet ones, true buckers. Sorry about the mix-up.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

Working...
        X