Ibanez saber prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez saber prototype

I was lucky to get my hands on a protype body and neck for the Ibanez saber in the late 80s /early 90s, made before the production model started. The body is natural mahogony, the neck is mahogany with a maple strip running down the middle and the fingerboard is ebony. It used to play like a dream but by 1994 my tastes had changed and I'd saved enough to buy my first Les-Paul and the Ibanez (along with my squire) went into retirement under my bed.
    I now want to get the Ibanez running again. I will get rid of the trem and fit a normal bridge but the question is which pups? I have a Pearly gates set in one of my Pauls which I love. Do you think they would suit the Ibanez? I'm not sure if string spacing, scale length etc would make them unsuitable.
    What do you guys think?
    I'll give you everything but my guitar and my car

Re: Ibanez saber prototype

Sounds like a nice axe, spidey. Any chance you could post a pic?

Comment

Re: Ibanez saber prototype

unfortunately I don't have a digital camera - I'll see if I can borrow one.
      Yeah it was / is cool. It's the easiest guitar to play that I've ever played! Unfortunately that's not alway s a good thing as, at least in my case, in can lead to way too many notes in solos!
      I'll give you everything but my guitar and my car

Comment

Working...
      X