New pickup for my sg! (pearly gates)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pickup for my sg! (pearly gates)

Hey guys I was out at guitar center yesterday, to buy an eq pedal, when they didnt have it in stock. I realized my amps never gunna sound good with any pedal i put in front of it.

I decided to buy a new pickup for my sg, and i chose the Pearly gates(bridge).

Im wondering how does this pickup sound in sg's? i heard there pretty good in sg's so i bought one. I play mostly classic rock, 80s hard rock (van halen/rhandy stuff as you can tell), and some dirty blues. Will this pickup get the job done? Id really love your input guys!

Thanks in advance- andrew

Re: New pickup for my sg! (pearly gates)

I have a PG set in my Lester and they rock. They will nail the classic rock and blues, and with the right amp (i.e. enough gain) it's plenty hot.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Wow that was fast! Thanks man, when it comes down to it, i have a rhandy flying v with a superD to nail the metlalica stuff, I was hoping for a nice Rockin bucker for some nice down and dirty blues, that can also crunch nicely for hard rock and rocking riffs, Ya know? Is the PG versatile?

Thanks again!- Andrew

Comment

It's very versatile. I use my Lester for everything, STP style grind, AC/DC style riffage, classic rock, clean and overdriven blues, Jazz/bop, and even a bit of funk in the middle position.

Comment

Oh, I almost forgot. do the 50's style wiring, it opens up the neck pickup in a big way.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Comment

bump, any other comments?

Comment

i've heard they sound good!

i may get some when i get an ibanez.
              i got a question though:
              how do you lik ethe Super Distortion in your rhoads? did it work out well?

-JIm

Comment

just getting them installed today so we shall see, Hope theyre good- Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X