Recommendations for PRS Santana SE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for PRS Santana SE?

Any suggestions for pickups to replace my stock pickups for a Santana SE? Thanks.

Re: Recommendations for PRS Santana SE?

welcome to the forum

what kind of sound are you going for? what kind of music? what kind of effects and amp?

let us knwo and we'll help dial in your ideal tone

cheers
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I'd suggest you go to the tips and clips forum and listen to alot of soundclips and decide for yourself. Some other sites with alot of soundclips on them are:

Comment

I have a Marshall MG100 DFX amp and I play hard rock, alternative, rock, some metal..stuff like Smashing Pumpkins, Bush, and Incubus to Mudvayne, Sevendust and Atreyu. Looking for nice clean and responsive distorted sounds. Thanks for any help!

Comment

I love the Jazz/C5 combo for playing hard/classic rock, but it may not suit your style of playing. For an all-mahogany SE, I'd suggest the soundclips of SD pickups or the tips and clips section like wasteof02 said. A good starter would be a Jazz/JB or 59/JB combo. Covers a lot of ground.
          'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
          X