Quick - Need Bass Wiring Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick - Need Bass Wiring Help

My new boss asked me to replace the input jack on his Fender MIA JP-90....no problem...quick fix. He said it had been shorting intermittently.

Pulled the pickguard out and both of the hot leads from the pickups came loose immediately. The bass is set up with what I assume is an on/on/on mini switch with 6 terminals, a master volume and a master tone. I can clearly see where one of the hot leads came off at the tone pot, as there are fragments of the wire still there. My question is....where does the other hot lead go? And which hot lead goes to the tone terminal, the J or the P?

I've never worked with an on/on/on, and certainly want to give the new boss back a better working bass, not a broken one!

Any help tonight would be greatly appreciated.
    My Sound Clips

Re: Quick - Need Bass Wiring Help

Nevermind....I got it. Both leads go to the switch. Everything works as it should now.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
      Nevermind....I got it. Both leads go to the switch. Everything works as it should now.
      Okay, cool deal Jeff. I saw the post but couldn't get to it ... long story ... glad everything worked out.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

... and i was hoping i could give some advice...
        Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

Comment

Working...
        X