Pearly Gates rockin' out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearly Gates rockin' out?

Hey guys, as the title shows, can the PG rock out? Is it good for medium-high gain situations? How well can this pickup push? I mean i am gunna use it for some dity blues too, just wondering if it can sound good in a rock/hard rock situation?

Thanks in advance- Andrew

Re: Pearly Gates rockin' out?

Do you have a volume boost? What amp do you use? The PG is capable of bringin' the rock on it's own, but there are other things you can do to help it along some more. A nice medium-high gain amp will certainly help...
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

These are Pearly Gates in a Les Paul. I'd say they can rock out with the best of 'em..

Comment

These are PG's in a heavy situation as well:

Comment

The Pearly is an Excellent Rock, Bluesy Rock pickup ( Think ZZ Top ). The mids in a Pearly will really get ya through a mix, great Harmonics. Killer for Lead and Rhythm. They are only around 8.5 K ( Bridge ), so they aren't a High Output Pickup. Vintage Les Paul tone, with a bit of an edge. I think they're Great Pickups !!!!!
          Only The Strong Survive

Comment

thanks guys, puttin one in my sg, just hoping ill be able to crunch on with it! At this point almost anything will be better then the stock gibsons. Lol Anyways

Any more clips of Pg's rocking out? Those clips rocked man! Thanks- andrew

Comment

Working...
            X