X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave
    replied
    Re: Strat wiring... bridge & neck position

Love the Blues Special-that's probably gonna stay a long time.

This should work for the strat.
    As for the switching, I just use the 5-way that came with my Fat Tele which was used with a humbucker neck and a single bridge. When I pulled the humbucker out to "Nashville-ize" my tele, the same 5-way was used with the Burton schematic found on that link to set up my 3 singles. When I look at the part numbers, there are different part numbers for the 5-way switch used on the Burton Tele vs. the Am. Std. Strat, though I don't know if that necessiarily means they are different.

I'd turf the switching to Artie, Lew, or Zerb-they'd know the best 5-way for your needs. Although I think the switch in my tele looks very much like the superswitch here:

Rather than this one:

But this looks like what you need:

Should be a great set-up-I love mine.
    Last edited by Dave; 04-23-2004, 08:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rhmcfarland
    replied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Let me ask, does this work for a Strat? I'm not familiar with the James Burton Tele. Does he use a 5-way switch?

Thanks!

Randy

BTW, how are you liking that Fralin blues special?

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied

Click this link, then on the left hand column of the page, click the Fender icon and follow the schematic for the James Burton Telecaster (not the "standard"), it's under the "guitar wiring schematics." I have my tele wired like this as well. This link will give you four Adobe pdfs that will show the parts list for a particular model, the wiring scheme and a switching diagram. I couldn't figure out how to post all four links on this, but this will get you what you want.

See you later,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 04-22-2004, 08:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rhmcfarland
    started a topic Strat wiring... bridge & neck position

Strat wiring... bridge & neck position

Hi guys, I want to make the switch on this Strat so that that the middle position activates the bridge and neck together. How do I do that?
Working...
X