Help Needed For Fender Pickups :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed For Fender Pickups :)

Hello, i have a 1977 left handed fender strat but without the original pickups. I'm looking to get some new ones but dont really know what im looking for. Ive got a prs custom 22 and so would like this fender to have an awesome but different sound to the prs. Kinda like close to at the drive in's guitar sound. Also i run it through a mesa dual recto head, if that helps! PLEASE HELP ME!!! ANYONE!! Cheers

Re: Help Needed For Fender Pickups

sweet cheers for that, does anyone know which pickups at the drive in use? i really have no clue

Comment

What kind of music do you play with the Strat?

Comment

Not too familiar with ATDI but I just dropped a set of Fender Custom Shop "Custom 69" pups into my lefty Strat (I play it righty and they sound fantastic. I could go for a little hotter bridge but it's not really a big issue.
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Kinman Woodstock pickups, i know I always say that but Kinman is god of single coil
          Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
          The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Originally posted by formomentslater.com
            Hello, i have a 1977 left handed fender strat but without the original pickups. I'm looking to get some new ones but dont really know what im looking for. Ive got a prs custom 22 and so would like this fender to have an awesome but different sound to the prs. Kinda like close to at the drive in's guitar sound. Also i run it through a mesa dual recto head, if that helps! PLEASE HELP ME!!! ANYONE!! Cheers
            I installed a set of Antiquity Texas Hots.These are hands down the best single coil pickups I've ever used...I installed the pickups backwards onto my lefty pickguard as I'm a lefty player...My avatar picture is this strat..

John
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
            X