• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• papersoul
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSnMettle
    Hey Ex,

I just put a DD combo in one of my Les Pauls. I love 'em, nice pups. Defininately gives you some very nice highs, but more rounded and smoother than the JB. I've had the JB in a couple guitars and it's just a little too shrill for my tastes. Good bottom end on the Distortion, although not as tight or compressed as the C5(love that pup too). Still fairly tight, and chunks quite nicely. The neck balances out nicely with the bridge (my set bridge(16K), neck (12.5k)). Have no problem getting some sweet "women tone" with the neck & it'll shred if you crank'er. Btw, they do clean up nicely despite their name. All said, I like the DD combo alot & a C5b/PGn is a good way to go also. Good luck.

Peace,

Darrin
    I found the Distortion to be a nice pickup and very thick. I actuall agree that the JB can be rather shrill......but so far I like the C-5 in my one Dean Evo. I am dying to get it into my LP though.

The C-5 has to be one of the clearest p'ups I've heard.

Leave a comment:

• Exotica
    replied
    Hi thanks for your replies I think I'm going to buy DD b&n for my guitar... but I wanna know how much is the difference of the output sound of a standard pickup & a trembucker? 'cause I can't buy a trembucker & have to buy an standard for my bridge, although the stock pickups on this guitar & Dimarzios on the other are in standard form & I guess I have no problem... hum?

Leave a comment:

• BlueSnMettle
    replied
    Hey Ex,

I just put a DD combo in one of my Les Pauls. I love 'em, nice pups. Defininately gives you some very nice highs, but more rounded and smoother than the JB. I've had the JB in a couple guitars and it's just a little too shrill for my tastes. Good bottom end on the Distortion, although not as tight or compressed as the C5(love that pup too). Still fairly tight, and chunks quite nicely. The neck balances out nicely with the bridge (my set bridge(16K), neck (12.5k)). Have no problem getting some sweet "women tone" with the neck & it'll shred if you crank'er. Btw, they do clean up nicely despite their name. All said, I like the DD combo alot & a C5b/PGn is a good way to go also. Good luck.

Peace,

Darrin

Leave a comment:

• LucidInterval
    replied
    A Distortion would work.

Maybe you could try it with AlNiCo 2 or 5 mags if it isn't warm enough.

Leave a comment:

• \m/(00)\m/
    replied
    Originally posted by Davey
    a custom bridge and '59 neck

Leave a comment:

• Davey
    replied
    a custom bridge and '59 neck

Leave a comment:

• Surgeon
    replied
    Originally posted by xerxes
    try a custom
    I'm not sure about that... the custom is a bit less "round" than the JB is... it's thicker in the bottom end but... Maybe a demon... C5... I'm not sure about this one...

Leave a comment:

• xerxes
    replied
    try a custom

Leave a comment:

• Exotica
    started a topic Somthing Hotter & Warmer than JB with same Highs

Somthing Hotter & Warmer than JB with same Highs

Hi Well, I guess no one has replied to my last post.
    Actually I need a pickup for my Ibanez RG70EX... something Warmer, more output, bass & mids with same highs of JB for bridge, and a pickup with same EQ for neck... I was thinking of Duncan Distortion B & N for bridge & Neck... I have nothing to say more thanks for your help
    Last edited by Exotica; 03-16-2004, 02:37 PM.
Working...
X