Tele bridge pup w./least "icepick" factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele bridge pup w./least "icepick" factor

Just got a really cool 52 Ri tele. the neck pup is real nice and warm, the middle position is nice also, but the bridge is too icepicky.

I was thinking A2 pro or maybe the JD.

I want a vintage sounding pickup, with a rounded top end.

Any suggestions?
    Gibson ES-335 (stock '57 Classics)*Warmoth Tele (PGn/Brobuckerbridge) *Fender American Strat w/DiMarzio Fast Track Is*Fender Princeton Reverb*Martin D-28*Favorite effects-Maxon AD80*80s Ibanez TS-9*80s Boss OD-1*Fulldrive 2*Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive and MicroVibe-Maxon AF-9*Vox Wah

Re: Tele bridge pup w./least "icepick" factor

Rio Grande Muy Grande

Comment

The JD pickup is great! I have it and can't think of any reason to change it!
      Institute Of Noise Music Productions
      http://www.instituteofnoise.com

Director of US Sales & Operations
      Bogner Amplification
      http://www.bogneramplification.com

Comment

did you try lowering it a touch to see if you can fix it a bit? ... does it respond favorably to rolling off the tone pot any?

cheers
        t4d
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I am still playing around with different amp settings, etc. and the pickup height. I am close to dialing in a good sound. Need more time to experiment.
          Gibson ES-335 (stock '57 Classics)*Warmoth Tele (PGn/Brobuckerbridge) *Fender American Strat w/DiMarzio Fast Track Is*Fender Princeton Reverb*Martin D-28*Favorite effects-Maxon AD80*80s Ibanez TS-9*80s Boss OD-1*Fulldrive 2*Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive and MicroVibe-Maxon AF-9*Vox Wah

Comment

Working...
          X