banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do SD Single-size humbuckers sound split?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do SD Single-size humbuckers sound split?

Do they retain the natural sound of a single-coil when split? I was thinking about maybe a Hot Rails or Screamin' Demon.
    Watch My Videos
    Photography
    www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
    "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

They sound pretty good split.

I reccomend the HR. The Demon doesn't have enough output to sound good split but the HR does.
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````

Comment

Re: How do SD Single-size humbuckers sound split?

Originally posted by Biu
      Do they retain the natural sound of a single-coil when split? I was thinking about maybe a Hot Rails or Screamin' Demon.
      Not really...The sound is thin and alot more anemic...It's very hard to beat the tone of a vintage single coil pickup..

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
      X