c5 tonechart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c5 tonechart?

Can anybody tell me why in the hell they dont put the c5 on the tone chart, and when they will do it?
    Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
    The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Re: c5 tonechart?

The tone chart was constructed before the C5 was available.

I think the tone chart needs to be updated anyway. I don't think many of those descriptions are particularly accurate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
    buggjuice.net
    MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mac-P
      The tone chart was constructed before the C5 was available.

I think the tone chart needs to be updated anyway. I don't think many of those descriptions are particularly accurate.
      I agree and I think the entire site needs update.
      Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Originally posted by fusion101
        Can anybody tell me why in the hell they dont put the c5 on the tone chart, and when they will do it?
        they are posted on the duncan site here ya go,

Custom 5 Tech Specs

D.C resistance 14.4K ohms
        Resonant Frequency 5.4KHz.
        E.Q. 6/3/8 Low/Mid/High

I wanted to know if the mids are really that pulled back? 4 would be more balanced in my RG?

Comment

Yes, the mids are that pulled back. It is a very "open" (some say scooped) sound. Mostly bass and treble. The opposite of the Custom Custom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
          buggjuice.net
          MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X