No announcement yet.

Nice Lead Tone for Middle pos.?!?>"?3.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Lead Tone for Middle pos.?!?>"?3.?

Can anyone recommed a minibucker for middle position of strat type for s nice soloing tone to replace one of my duckbuckers..i was think along the lines of cool rail or something like that???????????????

Thanks...
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Re: Nice Lead Tone for Middle pos.?!?>"?3.?

I've got a Cool Rails in the middle position of one of my Charvels. It is an awesome sounding pickup. I've got it matched up with a Hot Rails and a Distortion so it can hold its own in terms of output. However, it is not so high output that it would be out of place with single coils. It offers some really nice smooth lead tones and classic humbucker type rhythms. I liked it so much I ordered another Cool Rails for the neck of one of my other Charvels.
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

classic stack is pretty good for a bluesy ssl-1 type middle tone.....lower output also
      Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
      Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
      Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
      Crate VC-3112
      Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
      Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Seymour classic strat stack ( neck model ) in the middle position can do everything from clean , to nasty blues , and screaming lead full of harmonics under high gain !!!

Comment

In my completely unbiased opinion I would go with the CR.

<------------HR/CR/HR

I can understand why you want to change it. I started with a Duckbucker, but didn't like it. Can't remember exactly what it was, other than not enough tonal variety in my axe, which was my real goal.
          Last edited by LesStrat; 04-25-2004, 11:49 PM.
          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Re: Nice Lead Tone for Middle pos.?!?&gt;&quot;?3.?

Ok cool ...but for now anyway....i would like something to math the L'il screamin demon, it seems it would tho but the HR also is temptin me now..it looks like it would suit the tone i want better because of the seeming highr mids and slightly less treble...for now tho mabye Cool rails for the Ducks in the Middle...im keeping th Ducks in Neck for versatility because i don't know about anyone else with Ducks but i can get a very acoustic guitar like sound from them...
            Marshall JVM 410C
            Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

The CR is not much "brighter" (that's a very relative use of the term, believe me). It does pick up the harmonics better in the mid position than my neck HR, though. I first had the CR in the neck and the HR in the mid, and the two were VERY similar in tone. Don't know how it compares to the DB, though. I didn't have both in the guitar at the same time.
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
              https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

anyone use a Little '59 in the middle or know how it would sound? I love my cool rails in the middle but I"m thinking of moving that to the neck and the lil 59 from the neck to middle.

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat
                  The CR is not much "brighter" (that's a very relative use of the term, believe me). It does pick up the harmonics better in the mid position than my neck HR, though. I first had the CR in the neck and the HR in the mid, and the two were VERY similar in tone. Don't know how it compares to the DB, though. I didn't have both in the guitar at the same time.
                  Sorry, i meant that the HR was tempting now as a replacement for the Bridge (l'il demon) but i want something that suits high gain(unlike the ducks which simply don't work well at all for high gain)..and i wanted to keep ht educk in Neck for versatility and replace the mid duck with something more suiting with what i want so i think the cool rail might deliver that...
                  Marshall JVM 410C
                  Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
                    anyone use a Little '59 in the middle or know how it would sound? I love my cool rails in the middle but I"m thinking of moving that to the neck and the lil 59 from the neck to middle.
                    I had a pair of Little 59's in the neck/mid of another guitar and I much preferred the sound of the Cool Rails as a mid pickup. I sold the guitar and parted out the little 59's knowing I would get a Cool Rails instead of slapping those into the new guitar.
                    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

i actually really like the lil 59 as a middle pup, full tone with a strong top end that isnt thin but isnt tubby either.

Comment

update: put the little '59 in middle and moved the cool rails to neck

I like it a lot. I think it's a great combination

Comment

Working...
                        X