How finicky is the C5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How finicky is the C5?

I've got a Seth Lover that seems really particular about the guitar that it's in. Meanwhile my EVH sounds great in everything. My Demon doesn't seem too picky either.

How about the C5? Does it sound as good in a strat as it does in a Paul?

Re: How finicky is the C5?

I dont find the C5 to be finicky at all. Here is the spectrum I use it in:

Stratocaster
    Ibanez RG570
    Gibson Explorer

Sounds great in all!! I find this pickup shows the character of the guitar. For example, I used to use a tone zone and what ever I put it in, sounded similar. The C5 gives me the same feel/harmonics and such (feels familiar) in every guitar, but it lets the guitar's character come thru.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

The C-5 is a very nice p'up but I just found it a little small sounding almost like you don't hear a wide enough frequency spectrum. I couldn't get it to sound big in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose
        I dont find the C5 to be finicky at all. Here is the spectrum I use it in:

Stratocaster
        Ibanez RG570
        Gibson Explorer

Sounds great in all!! I find this pickup shows the character of the guitar. For example, I used to use a tone zone and what ever I put it in, sounded similar. The C5 gives me the same feel/harmonics and such (feels familiar) in every guitar, but it lets the guitar's character come thru.
        BLOODROSE, in your 570 which is te same guitar as my RG 2570 how does the C5 sound? is it full enough in the mids?

Comment

I don't consider the C5 finicky at all.

What I do find is that the lower the output the tone of the guitar itself comes more into play. A Seth is considerably lower in output the the Demon or the EVH.
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I have used a C5 in a tele, LP and strat. I thought they all sounded a little different but I liked them all.

I have the "finicky" issue with the JB though.
            My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

The C-5 seems like it's the least finicky humbucker. It's so well balanced and not pronounced in any ONE frequency that you could put it in every guitar you own and it would make each one of those guitars sound it's best. To my ears, the JB sounds too middy in some guitars and the CC sounds too dark in some guitars. The C-5 is balanced across all the frequencies and doesn't sound scooped to me. What the C-5 doesn't do is introduce it's own pronounced midrange character. It lets the wood and amp do that, which is what I want to hear.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Ah GearJoneser that was beautiful man :afro:
                My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Working...
                X