How to wire??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to wire??

I installed a Carvin pre assembled pickguard assembly on a coworker's strat. The assembly has 3 single coils, 1 volume, 1 tone and a toggle switch to turn the bridge pup on so you can have all 3 pups on in position 4 or neck/bridge on in position 5. Anyhow, we wanna change it to a more standard look so I have a push pull pot and want to make it a tone control like on a regular strat, but still have the ability to pull it to turn the pickup on.. How do I wire this??? Thanks!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: How to wire??

Huge selection of top brand guitar & bass electronics, pickups, parts & hardware. Plus hundreds of free guitar wiring diagrams.

is where I'd start.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Re: How to wire??

If I were you, I'd draw a diagram of how my guitar is currently set up, and then when taking out the switch and adding a push-pull pot, I'd wire the special terminals on the pot exactly how the switch was wired.

However, that's sort of an educated guess, it makes sense that it would work, but I don't really know for sure if it would, try that at your own risk. You might also want to check out the forums on www.guitarnuts.com for wiring help.

Comment

Working...
      X