which pickup set for emo/rock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which pickup set for emo/rock?

hi, i'm using an ibanez sz320 guitar (with 2 stock humbuckers) in a mesa boogie dual rectifier amp, playing emo/rock/alternative music, with some heavy influences. bands that come to mind: glassjaw, refused, chevelle, deftones, tool...etc.

what neck/bridge set would be perfect for my guitar/amp and influences?? i'm only guitarist in the band so i need a warm lush clean sound and a heavy bottom hi-gain lead sound with the bridge pickup.

thanks in advance guys, great forum!

Re: which pickup set for emo/rock?

The most popular choice in Germany is the combination of the SH-2 Jazz Neck and the SH-6 in bridge position. The SH-2 should give you warm clean and crunched sounds with a good sustain and the SH-6 should have enough power for fat distortion sounds. Position 2 should be interesting two. The PUs are good balanced (output) so there won´t be a big loss in volume when switching.

Comment

SUPER DISTORTION just do it.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Maybe a JB/Jazz combo. It's very versatile. You can nail a lot of tones.

Peace easy.

G.I.
        Squier Strat (JB Jr.)
        Peavey Valve King 1x12
        Ibanez PF15CE Acoustic/Electric

Comment

a C5 in the bridge and a 59 in the neck should get you a little more bottom end than one of the jazz combos. The 59 can clean up really nicely and the custom 5 has a good strong output. Good luck
          Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Jazz/JB

or

59/Distortion

my two favorite combos

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
              The most popular choice in Germany is the combination of the SH-2 Jazz Neck and the SH-6 in bridge position.
              Who is saying this????? Btw the most poplar combo i see in germany is: Stock / Stock.

I would say JB. Can't go wrong with it and with the bands you mentioned it will fit. The favourite Combo is JB/Jazz.
              Btw. the JB hasn't the heaviest bottom. But that is no issue with a dual recto. It will give you a tight low end and sweet palm mutes....
              Last edited by Marcel; 04-27-2004, 11:33 AM.
              RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
              TS 7 (modded)
              Hot Rod 50+ XL
              Framus Dragon 4x12
              V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Either a Jazz/JB or '59/DD combo will give you what you want.

Based on the sound of other bands (Thrice, Tool, Thursday)
                JB in Mahogany + Dual recto = brutality!
                You could set up your amp for a heavy bottom, the Jb is quite tight for palm muting and has got an amazing singing lead tone. Harmonics? no prob.!

I don't have a Dual recto (yet, but within three months I will!) but with my band I play pretty much the same kind of music. I don't like to call it emo/screamo though... The JB pretty much delivers for me but I always wish I had a little more bass in the sound but that's mainly because of my rig and settings.(long story)
                Somewhere in the next couple of weeks I'll probably be posting some studio recordings from my band so check it out if you like.

Comment

Working...
                X