banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the duncan distortion coil tap-able? if so, how does it sound split?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the duncan distortion coil tap-able? if so, how does it sound split?

just curious if the sh-6 is a splittable 4 conducter pickup. If it is, can anyone offer opinions of its sound while split?

Re: is the duncan distortion coil tap-able? if so, how does it sound split?

It is splittable. The split tone isn't horrible, but it isn't as good as a regular purpose made single coil. The JB split sounds better IMHO and so do quite a few other pups when split. The DD isn't all that great split. It's been too long for me to remember why. I think it was kind of midrangey and bright.

Comment

I don't hate its tone when splitted (bridge position). Makes a nice usable single-coil tone IMO, at least, with my gear.
      Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Just put a DDb in my Gibson LP custom last saturday, wired it in spin-a-split mode, also put a '59 neck in it same way. Like the '59 splitted better (warmer,more organic). But, since it's wired in spin a split mode it IS cool being able to just dial out some of the growl of the DD for mellow solo's and all. But in my opinion, a alnico type pup will sound better splitted then a ceramic. The DD just sounds best full on with high gain IMO, after all, it was made to GrOWWwwllll.....

Comment

yup, see below for my 3 humbuckers in my Ibanez. I have a coil split switch too and I don't use the bridge alone split, usually just the neck or middle. But mainly that split switch is there so I can get the single coil quack in the neck/middle and middle/bridge and it works great for that.

Comment

Working...
          X