Lil 59 in Tele Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil 59 in Tele Bridge

I have duncanized my Tele, I put a Jazz in the neck and a Lil 59 in the bridge. The Jazz in the neck sounds really nice and warm, just like I was hoping. However, I'm not really too happy with the 59 in the bridge. It sounds too quiet compared to the Jazz. I have double checked the height and I thought I checked the wiring, but it doesn't sound that good to me at all. Kinda thin, and doesn't sound good with distortion thru my Mark IV. MY Ibanez with Gibson PAF's sound perfect, but my beloved tele just isn't workin for me.
    I have listened to the sound clips on the SD site and mine doesn't sound like that. What could some of the problems be? I think the wiring is correct, but maybe I have a loose or partial connection only giving half the power.
    Anyone have any suggestions??
    Lou Driver
    MIA Fender Deluxe Strat (Surfer Set/Custom Bridge)
    MIJ Strat APS1/APS1/PATB-3
    MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
    69' SF Bassman/ 212 Avatar Cab.
    Ibanez LR10 Semi Hollow Body
    Martin D28

Re: Lil 59 in Tele Bridge

well, I don't think it's supposed to sound quiet and thin, especially compared to the jazz.

I kind of suspect the wiring ... I changed a cap out in my strat yesterday, and had to go back twice - I used the wrong lug on a pot because I didn't mark my spots.

sometimes, it's the little things
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Thanks Curly,
      I don't know what to do now. I think i'll rip out the existing wiring and start from scratch again. Maybe I blew a pot, or used the wrong cap or something.
      I Used a .047 cap and 500K pots.
      Hmmmm everything is new..... I must have mis wired something .
      DRAT.
      MIA Fender Deluxe Strat (Surfer Set/Custom Bridge)
      MIJ Strat APS1/APS1/PATB-3
      MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
      69' SF Bassman/ 212 Avatar Cab.
      Ibanez LR10 Semi Hollow Body
      Martin D28

Comment

well, I'd at least wait and see what someone says who has used the lil '59, like Stevo
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

Working...
        X