Custom in Mahogany-Maple Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom in Mahogany-Maple Top

I'm about to buy an ESP LTD MH series (201 if I find it here or else the 400) and I'd like to know if the Custom would balance well (distorted-for metal and hard rock) in the bridge of this guitar (Mahogany/Maple top - Body, Maple/Rosewood - Neck). How's the EQ going to be (L/M/H)?
    Thank you.
    Me(n)tal Distortion

you might want to indicate the type of amp you use.

I like custom clips, here is Jolly's:

http://www.toneninja.net/jolly.htm

I am always wondering if on death-metal sounding palm mutes through a triple rectifier, if the sh-5 is heavy sounding enough...

paf on steroids...

Comment

I have a small peavey amp (I'm not interested in its sound) but in the studio I play they have a Marshall Stack.
      I'm not interested in death-metal though. I'd say Metallica, Rage, Conception, Iron Savior, Edguy, Hammerfall, Whitesnake mostly. Think In Flames or Children of Bodom as the heaviest.
      Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

HAMMERFALL!!!

Comment

Custom would work fine for that style. My current fave is the
          Custom 5, since it excels at heavy stuff and clean equally.
          The tight lows are awesome for palm muted stuff.
          Either of those two will put a smile on your face. Try the C-5!
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'd like a tight, cranking sound with the deep tone of a PAF so I think the Custom will make it.
            Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

I have a custom in a ltd ec-1000 (mahogany body, maple top) and this pick-up rules in there for that type of music... I play mostly hard-core and metal with it through my jcm-800 and this is the set-up I needed...

Comment

I think I must get a Marshall too...
                So which pickup do you think will fit well in the neck? I heard that the deamon in the neck is good. I personally like the tuby sounding solos from the neck (like the intro from Lake Bodom - Children Of Bodom).
                Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

I sometimes feel the C-5 seems a little thin on the higher strings as I get that on my Dean. Others have mentioned that to me also. But, I have yet to try it in my Paul. Since the C-5 has a lot less mids...make sure your axe is nice anf thick and has good natural mids.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalblaze
                    I think I must get a Marshall too...
                    So which pickup do you think will fit well in the neck? I heard that the deamon in the neck is good. I personally like the tuby sounding solos from the neck (like the intro from Lake Bodom - Children Of Bodom).

A lot of pick-ups will compliment that bridge... My favorite right now being the '59.... maybe something clearer might fit you well... Jazz, alnico pro II....

Comment

i think a 59 neck with a custom bridge would be a great combo for you. i had that for years in my sg and it was killer for harder styles. tight bottom end, aggressive mids and a strong top end with good articulation

Comment

Maybe a Screaming Demon in the neck and a custom in the bridge?
                        Originally posted by The Minstrel
                        Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Working...
                        X