EVH custom shop and 59/CC Hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH custom shop and 59/CC Hybrid

I`ve got the 59/CC and I will be getting the EVH custom shop soon. What are the differences in tone and output.
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Re: EVH custom shop and 59/CC Hybrid

Originally posted by 51501984
    I`ve got the 59/CC and I will be getting the EVH custom shop soon. What are the differences in tone and output.

I prefer the hybrid of the two for VH's tone,it has a more aggressive tone and sounds more like VH's marshall on 10 tone.
    it has unbelievable clarity especially on the wound strings.
    I had a guy named steve kersting

wind me a 9.1K paf that is a dupe of the EVH duncan and i wound up going back to the hybrid.
    it just sounded best for the early VH stuff.
    the 9.1K EVH has a paf like tone that reminds me of a 59 with a touch more output and a bit creamier toned,
    the EVH is a nice pickup but i can hear the hybrid zero'ing in on VH's older tone more. I see you use a fender amp? with that amp the hybrid is better because it has more drive.
    I use my custom/59 hybrid with a old marshall and it smokes! everyone who hears it is blown away by it's brown tone!
    A guy who posts here met eddie vanhalen back in1981 and was told by VH that he made and used this hybrid,i can believe it cause it sure sounds like VH!
    if you are after his tone in a pickup the hybrid is the end all then

Comment

Working...
    X