Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Diamond's "Them"

hello,

does anyone know what pickups Andy LaRoque and Pete Blakk used to record this album? their tone was great...warm and chunky riffs with good clarity on the melodic solos.

I just bought the remastered CD and I forgot how amazing this album was. it's hard to believe this album is 16 years old!!! jeezchrist I still remember rushing out to buy the casette tape after seeing the video for "Welcome Home" on Headbanger's Ball (rip) back in 1988. outstanding guitar playing.
    BC Rich USA Assassin w/ Kahler 2300 and Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz set
    Keeley-modded Metal Zone pedal
    Marshall AVT50 combo

Re: King Diamond's "Them"

andy played bc rich gunslingers w/JB and or distortions !!!!!!! great album ! better if king didn't sing
    Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
    Suhr OD-50
    Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Is that what he's doing on there? Shoot, step on a cat's tail, you'll hear more melodic singing! I agree though, the guitar tones kick ass!
      www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

LaRoque has always been able to coax really good guitar sounds. He's now using Caparison guitars from Japan, and even has a signature model through them, as do shredders Michael Ammott (Arch Enemy) and one of my favourite guitarists, Fumihiko Kitsutaka (XYZ>A) ... sorry, just thought I'd chime in!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

twlight your killin me bro i thought i was into crazy stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
          Suhr OD-50
          Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

LOL!!

Dude, I hope you can make it to the Pearcy show 6/16 @ the Corner Pocket; my band is playing that night! We'll hang + shoot some pool! Aaaahhh ... rock, beer and pool! But, that's for another thread ...
            Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 04-27-2004, 04:50 PM.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by mike milf
              hello,

does anyone know what pickups Andy LaRoque and Pete Blakk used to record this album? their tone was great...warm and chunky riffs with good clarity on the melodic solos.

I just bought the remastered CD and I forgot how amazing this album was. it's hard to believe this album is 16 years old!!! jeezchrist I still remember rushing out to buy the casette tape after seeing the video for "Welcome Home" on Headbanger's Ball (rip) back in 1988. outstanding guitar playing.
              ...I love LaRoque! ..The Duncan website lists his pups as.. SH-1n, TB-4, TB-6, TB-11. ..Though, if you want his sound you should tell us what gear axe/amp(if it's not the ones in your sig? ..If you're using a very bright guitar you might what to try the TB-11. ..Otherwise shred-dog is on the right track with his suggestions.
              A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
              This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

Working...
              X