Amount of pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amount of pickups

Is it possible to have more than 3 pickups on a guitar, not counting humbuckers?

Re: Amount of pickups

Originally posted by crowscrown
    Is it possible to have more than 3 pickups on a guitar, not counting humbuckers?
    take a look at steve morse. 2 humbuckers, 2 single coils. also not to mention a synth pickup. he's got some good veriety.
    Down at the edge, close by a river.
    Close to the edge, round by the corner.
    Close to the end, down by the corner.
    Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

I've seen pictures of guitars with four humbuckers. I've always thought it would be interesting to make a 20-fret guitar with (neck to bridge) a phat cat, alnicoII pro, 59, and distortion.

Comment

Thx guys, I've never seen more than 3 and I am considering doing this to one of my guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by theboatcandream
          I've seen pictures of guitars with four humbuckers. I've always thought it would be interesting to make a 20-fret guitar with (neck to bridge) a phat cat, alnicoII pro, 59, and distortion.
          Ergo, if you REALLY wanted to, you could put 8 Single coils or stacked Hummies in there
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

If you put too many in there you'll have so much of a string pull from the magnetic field that'll you'll hardly have any sustain and string vibration.

Comment

My Alvarez Dana Scoop had 4 single coils stock. It now has one HB and 2 singles.
              My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
              X