What can I expect by:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I expect by:

flipping my lil '59 and cool rails? Right now I have a little '59 at the neck and a cool rails at the middle. I like the sustain, wide magnetic field, and good sound split of the cool rails. In the neck with the little '59 bended notes lose volume and the low E sounds thin because the pole pieces don't match up to the string. So I think I"m going to flip them around. I know the cool rails will sound good in the neck, but how will the little '59 sound in the middle? Anyone put one there before?

Re: What can I expect by:

I bet it'll sound pretty much the same.

I can't tell the difference between my stock neck and middle coil.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
      I bet it'll sound pretty much the same.

I can't tell the difference between my stock neck and middle coil.
      We´re not talking about 2 identical pickups here (BTW, I DO think most of us can hear the difference between a Neck and a Mid SC on the same axe, I´m not trying to dis you, just stating my observations). These Pups are similar, but definitely not the same.

But what exactly to expect I can´t tell you, Xero, as I´ve never tried a´lil´59 in the mid pos, sorry....
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

The Cool Rails and Little '59 are similarly voiced, so your tones won't change a great deal. If it helps with your problems then give it a whirl!!
        GUITARS
        STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
        AMPS
        Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Working...
        X