tele hot rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tele hot rod

hi, i want to know if the tele hot rails bridge pickup will blend with a standard mexican tele neck pickup?? and if it will give me a more fatter rock tone?
    Last edited by blake da teleman; 04-26-2004, 10:06 PM.
    [B]"For Those About to Rock, We Solute You"
    AC/DC

Re: tele hot rod

Originally posted by blake da teleman
    hi, i want to know if the tele hot rails bridge pickup will blend with a standard mexican tele neck pickup?? and if it will give me a more fatter rock tone?

That will more than likely overpower the neck pup. I have HR pups for my strat, and they are great. They balance very well with humbuckers. Should yield great rock tone from the bridge, though I'd consider a different neck pickup if you decide to go with the HRb.

Farkus
    2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
    1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

BTW, welcome to the forum!!

Comment

thank you , whould you know if the hot rail whoul blend with a custom fender tex neck pickup
        [B]"For Those About to Rock, We Solute You"
        AC/DC

Comment

Originally posted by blake da teleman
          thank you , whould you know if the hot rail whoul blend with a custom fender tex neck pickup

I would still think the tex neck would be a little too weak. But, what the heck, try it and see, it might work. You could try to stike a balance by backing the HR down in height and bringing the neck pup closer to the strings. That might not give you the best possible bridge tone, but they'd be a little more balanced that way.

Any tele masters want to comment here?

Farkus

Comment

My Mexi Tele (otherwise known as the "Bastard-caster) has a QP Tele in back with the stock Tele pup in front. They work fine together. I realize it's not the same thing, but that QP twangs hard.
            www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

it really depends on how much of the neck pickup you want to hear in the middle position. In one of my teles the neck is actually stronger than the bridge pickup. Thta is more like a vintage tele tone. for straight ahead rock you could have a pretty weak neck pickup as long as it is not completely over powered by the bridge pickup. It is not much of a problem if you don't use the neck pickup by itself. I would still advise putting another duncan in the neck position, maybe a stack or a qp. The outputs would be closer and they are just better sounding. Good luck.
              Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by mrfjones
                it really depends on how much of the neck pickup you want to hear in the middle position. In one of my teles the neck is actually stronger than the bridge pickup. Thta is more like a vintage tele tone. for straight ahead rock you could have a pretty weak neck pickup as long as it is not completely over powered by the bridge pickup. It is not much of a problem if you don't use the neck pickup by itself. I would still advise putting another duncan in the neck position, maybe a stack or a qp. The outputs would be closer and they are just better sounding. Good luck.

Any idea how the HR and the QP would balance? I have no experience with the QPn, but I think that the HRb really sounds like what they need.

Jeez, now I think I want to try out the QP for myself!! Are they pretty sweet? What about for strats?

Farkus

Comment

I've never tried a QP Strat pup, but I really like the QP Tele. It's not a humbucking pickup, so depending on where you stand you may pick up some EM interference, but I've never had any problems with them. If the guitar is shielded right, it's a minor concern anyway. I think they sound like a beefed up Tele pickup. I would imagine a QP Strat would do the same thing.
                  www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Working...
                  X