Question about Lil'59 and JB Jr. style pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Lil'59 and JB Jr. style pickups

is there a reason the pole pieces are smaller than poles on a normal humbucker or strat pickup?

I'm sure their is, but I've learned first hand that the smaller pole pieces don't line up as good as they should.

Does anyone have a lil 59 or Jr JB that lines up correct with the strings. I measured my american strat and the strings on it are the same distance apart as the guitar I built, but on the guitar I built the poles of the JB Jr and lil 59 don't line up correctly (and I did staighten it out from the last problem, but no matter what I do I cannot get them to line up with the strings. I can get the middle two to get in the center, but then the low and high E's are off quite a bit, and I know this can't be right.

Re: Question about Lil'59 and JB Jr. style pickups

mine's the same way, I have a little '59 in the neck, I don't like the loss of volume on the bass end and how the notes bend out, lose volume on bends. I think the rails pickups are better choices for these reasons. I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

Comment

hmm interesting i was thinking of taking out my hotrail in the bridge for a lil 59....
      Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Originally posted by strat_master
        hmm interesting i was thinking of taking out my hotrail in the bridge for a lil 59....
        the bridge ones should match up fine.

Comment

Working...
        X