banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a little bit embarassed to even post this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a little bit embarassed to even post this!

I bought a set of used wolfgang pups , and they had to be respliced
    anyway i assumed they were the same as a dimarzio and followed dimarzio's wire code (red for hot,green and bare for ground,black/white together) and the pups sounded really hollow and weak?
    well it turns out that after talking to peavey it is red for hot,black and bare to ground green/white together!!!!!!
    NO WONDER they sounded hollow/weak! following dimarzio's wiring i was using them in series parallel!
    needless to say after wiring them correct I heard the tone i liked so much at the music store
    lesson well learned,next time i wont assume anything and ask here or the company!
    Last edited by RG 2570; 04-27-2004, 08:30 AM.

Re: I am a little bit embarassed to even post this!

RG we all make mistakes how ever cheer up. The help you provided me worked and the pups sound awsom.
    Live long, play hard, enjoy life.

Comment

Originally posted by Radeon
      RG we all make mistakes how ever cheer up. The help you provided me worked and the pups sound awsom.
      yeah i could kick myself in the arse for assuming that the peavey pups followed the dimarzio wire code! what was i thinking? maybe because VH used dimarzio before the peaveys?
      now really like the wolfgangs in my RG but still want to at least try a custom5

Comment

I've done simular things.

I also had a customer bring me a CE 22 that he bought cheap on Ebay. It had a Tonezone in the bridge but it was wired completely wrong and in the bridge position only one coil was hot. Somewhere on HC there is no doubt a guy running around saying the TZ is a thin, noisy low output pickup that is completely useless installed in a guitar.

That or he now hates PRS......
        www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
        www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
        http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.

I also had a customer bring me a CE 22 that he bought cheap on Ebay. It had a Tonezone in the bridge but it was wired completely wrong and in the bridge position only one coil was hot. Somewhere on HC there is no doubt a guy running around saying the TZ is a thin, noisy low output pickup that is completely useless installed in a guitar.

yeah i was very happy to find out it was ONLY my fault and not a bad set of pups!
          I heard the wolfgangs in a stock wolf at the music store and loved them! then i put a set in my ibanez and went
          Now all is well and the sound like they should

Comment

Yeah now that is good news

Comment

The first time I ever installed a new pup was in a 3 pup Strat.

When the switch was in the middle position, the new bridge humbucker would come on
              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Somewhere on HC there is no doubt a guy running around saying the TZ is a thin, noisy low output pickup that is completely useless installed in a guitar.

Very true. They seem to grow in numbers every day.
                Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

anyone who has tried a tone zone wired right nows that it is far from thin,low output
                  but i see what you mean

Comment

Working...
                  X