Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting pole pieces?

Hi all,

Has anyone tried this? I believe it was Mac-P who mentioned adjusting the pole pieces so they sort of mimic the bridge saddles, hence the G would be lower, the B a little higher and the high E would be higher yet. This would be similar to the poles under the low E, A and D.

Anyone try this with success? Have you found it works better for clean than distorted tones?

I'll give it a try tonight.

Re: Adjusting pole pieces?

I've fixed up the pole pieces on a strat I have wired with JB. Jr's and it seemed to work well all around. I was a pain getting everything the way that I wanted it to be though so good luck!!!
    "If you can't fix it, don't play it!"

Comment

I always adjust the polepieces following the radius of my fretboard (which should be the same as the radius of the saddles)...

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon
        I always adjust the polepieces following the radius of my fretboard (which should be the same as the radius of the saddles)...
        Same here and this is what Seymour himself recommends as fix for the JB.
        57 VOS Les Paul Goldtop
        62 Thin Skin Stratocaster
        Mesa Boogie Lone Star 212
        Baby Taylor
        sigpic

Comment

yeah this is correct, if you set the G and D lower and the B and E higher that does not follow the arc of the fingerboard?

I use a machinist's ruler and set them at the height i like taking into consideration that the LOW E and A will be much louder naturally than the high E,B,G and D

Comment

Actually the saddles will be way different.....not talking about the radius of the saddles. I wish Mac would step in. Look at how some saddles are farther forward and some back............I am referring to the intonation setting. Mac-P touched on how he sets his poles this way.

Comment

Working...
            X