X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I like my EMG's because....

Originally posted by Scott_F
    Sorry, I was being a sarcastic a-hole.

No offense, but to love EMG pups just because of this "capability" is about the most silly thing I"ve read here in a while.

Yes, I solder the braid. How much easier does it get?
    Wow, I'm not good at picking up internet sarcasm at all...

Comment

believe it or not, I chose the EMG SA strat set for my "synth" guitar, I have a hell of a time w/ ground loops and hum w/ the GR=33 and the EMG's go along way to settle this rig down, I do prefer the tone of my alinco II's in my Hamer Daytona, but the EMG have their place, and no hum/shock is a feature that pushed me to purchase a set, I'll be giggin them tonight

Comment

i've got the SA's in one of my strats along with the 85 humbucker in the bridge and they are quite good pickups BUT......they(the SA's) aren't so good for giving that clean but distorted bluesy sound.......they are good for clean or distorted sounds but not the in between ones......

Comment

Originally posted by HHB
          but the EMG have their place, and no hum/shock is a feature that pushed me to purchase a set, I'll be giggin them tonight

So... I'm not that off-the-track !!

BTW, I readjusted the pickups height last evening, and they sounded way much better ! EMG recommends to set them as close to the strings as possible, as long as it doesnt interfer with playing/picking. I like them better now !
          Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Originally posted by Thames
            So... I'm not that off-the-track !!

BTW, I readjusted the pickups height last evening, and they sounded way much better ! EMG recommends to set them as close to the strings as possible, as long as it doesnt interfer with playing/picking. I like them better now !
            Yes bro, that is it! I have heard that from several EMG users that you must set them very close (almost touching) the strings because you don't have to worry about loss of sustain or tuning issues with those.

Comment

Originally posted by fenderiarhs
              i've got the SA's in one of my strats along with the 85 humbucker in the bridge and they are quite good pickups BUT......they(the SA's) aren't so good for giving that clean but distorted bluesy sound.......they are good for clean or distorted sounds but not the in between ones......
              I see you have a Les Paul classic. I bet that would sound great with an 85/60 set.

Comment

maybe....but i'm a fender guy and i always gig with my two fender strats...i do not feel so comfortable with les pauls so i never got interested in spending my money on a pickup upgrade on my les paul.The 85 on the strat is amazing.Never tried the emg60..i was wondering how does it sound???
                Last edited by fenderiarhs; 04-30-2004, 12:35 PM.

Comment

A little ground wire does not scare me I am in it for the sound.

I have experienced a reverse ground at many gigs, you can still get your lips shocked with properly grounded pickups, if the PA is on another circuit with different ground potential. Moreover, it's normally the strings (not the pickups, unless they are metal covered and you actually touch them) that conduct the electricity, to your fingers, to your lips, then to the mic.
                  My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by fenderiarhs
                    maybe....but i'm a fender guy and i always gig with my two fender strats...i do not feel so comfortable with les pauls so i never got interested in spending my money on a pickup upgrade on my les paul.The 85 on the strat is amazing.Never tried the emg60..i was wondering how does it sound???
                    Needless to say, i want to try the 85. I haven't tried the 60.

Comment

Working...
                    X