JB or Hotrails for my Tele?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB or Hotrails for my Tele?

I posted a thread a while ago about if I could put my Jb jr for strat in my teles bridge position, but turns out that wasnt such a good idea.

my new question is, should I install a fullsize JB (love jb sound) that will require some routing, or could I get the same exact sound from one of the singlesized humbuckers, like the hotrails or something? the quality of the clean sound is really important too me but I want a guitar that really can rock at the same time. the JB has both good clean sound and awesome distorted sound in my opinion but is it worth the routing? i already got a telehumbucker bridge laying around somewhere so that wont cost me any extra. can you restore a guitar after routing like that? donīt wanna screw it up beyond repair.
    what do you suggest I do?

thank you.

Re: JB or Hotrails for my Tele?

Hmm.........I don't think you could get the exact JB sound out of a singlecoil. I could be wrong though. Someone on here will give you the proper advice. Just be patient.

Comment

Re: JB or Hotrails for my Tele?

You can get a really nice clean tone and rock tone from the hot rails if you have a series/parallel switch. The hot rails wont sound like a JB but it's quite a pickup though.
      My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Working...
      X