I have to ask, Is there anyone else here who does like thier pups but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to ask, Is there anyone else here who does like thier pups but

always has it in the back of the mind they are missing out on something better?
    please tell me i am not the only one that goes throught this!
    Last edited by RG 2570; 04-29-2004, 11:22 AM.

Re: I have to ask,is there anyone else here who does like thier pups but

You're not alone....

We're all there I think... let's see my stuff :

- Gibson SG w/Antiquities : love 'em, but I want to try different magnets like A3/A5...

- Strat with EMG DG20 : really fine pickups, but will probably switch to something when the PF project will end.

- Strat with Dist/ClassicStack/Hotrails-N : great hotrodded shredder strat, but I'm planning to remove the HR-n for a HotStack, and maybe replace the Dist by a '59 Trembucker someday... or maybe JB... or ??

That's were the fun starts ! When you can sell/trade and acquire new pickups w/o too much investment, it never ends ! I'm planning to buy a LP soon... which pickup ? Dunno !!!
    Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Re: I have to ask, Is there anyone else here who does like thier pups but

Man if i could just learn the word,

CONTENT!!!!!

Comment

I'm content, but also very curious.
        But I know what sound I want, and I have three guitars that sounds like I want them to.
        What I do now is simply variations on something I like.
        So I am not searching like I did some years ago.
        I want more amps though

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
          I'm content, but also very curious.
          But I know what sound I want, and I have three guitars that sounds like I want them to.
          What I do now is simply variations on something I like.
          So I am not searching like I did some years ago.
          I want more amps though
          RID good buddy you gave me the answer to my problem!

GET MORE GUITARS!!!!!!

that way i can have more than one type of sound

Comment

Hehe yeah having several guitars is very nice.
            But the most important thing is good amps if you ask me
            ...hehe but I just love having different guitars

Comment

Through adversity I will rise triumphant.

I prefer gear that doesn't do everything I want and then some, it forces me to become a better player to compensate.
              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

The sound in my head tastes like molten honey, hits as brutal as a Panzer tank on fire with one round left to shoot, and is as hot as frozen steel.

What the H.. does that mean? I dunno and I haven't found it yet. If I could describe it better, maybe I could dial it in.

Ah, the quest continues.

-Matt
                Last edited by JammerMatt; 04-29-2004, 01:45 PM. Reason: Forgot something
                Originally posted by Scott_F
                On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Not really, guitars that lack pickups are currently a bigger problem. I still need 2 Humbuckers for a Rhoads and an EMG-85 for Phoenix... But Both can wait a bit longer

Although the Armstrongs in my AT-1 do seem a bit dark, and the Dime isn´t quite right in my DK-1 (but Perfect in my Charvel) ....
                  Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I hear what your saying Zerb, and RG. No matter what there always seems to be something eluding you... SOMEWHERE out there there's a better tone... Maybe there's something called the Land of Tone... where there are thousands of pups each with different sounds... and you can try as many as you want. And finally, you find your perfect tone... I wait for that day lol
                    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                    • G&L Tribute Comanche
                    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

I just wish I had one of each pickup....lol......but then I guess we all do as well.

Comment

If I was single I would have two or three of each pickup, but noooooo. The wife thinks it's a mortal sin to spend money on anything related to guitars or music!!! Oh sorry, was that outloud?
                        ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

i think of it all the time, but never do anything.

it's called GAS, we all think that something will give us our tone. so we buy it and keep buying other thigns.
                          sometimes i buy things for the hell of it. i ahve a 59 trembucker and im not even using it
                          i then think, i should get a strat. and then i think, a floyd would go good on that guitar. then i think, that mesa boogie mark 4 would look good in my rig, etc, etc, etc.

it's a beautiful thing, isn't it?

Comment

another stupid question here... what the hell is G.A.S.?? its discussed so much, I can only assume it has something to do with gear..... what is it??
                            • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                            • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                            • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                            • G&L Tribute Comanche
                            • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                            • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                            • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Gear Acquisition Syndrome
                              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
                              X