X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skyydogg01
    replied
    Re: Sh-1 Ssl1 Jb / Sh-1 Jb?

the rw/rp is used to cancel hum on a 3 single guitar (aka strat). the schematic for what you are asking for is listed under Strat Noise Canceling in the diagrams section. hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

I don't mean to confuse the issue, but there's more to this than simple winding-direction. My boy's Squire Bullet Strat, and my Johnson Strat are quiet as a mouse. My twin humbucker Predator is the one with the noise problems!

Go figure.

Leave a comment:

• kelvin
    replied

Originally posted by frankencat
    Actually...that is incorrect. If you use the standard polarity as in the SD diagrams that come with the pickups a standard polarity single will be hum-cancelling with a tapped humbucker. Been there done that many times. Peace .
    if both can provide hum cancelling,
    then what is the rw/rp for? ..

thanks for the replies man

Leave a comment:

• Robert S.
    replied

I'll be the first to admit that I may be mistaken. I don't mess with true singles too often and for some reason I cannot hold in my mind whether SD singles are top north or top south. I thought I finally had it right but it is possible I once again am showing the signs of oldmanbrain.

A tapped pickup is different from a split pickup. A tapped pickup is usually a single coil pickup with three leads One lead gets grounded and one lead is at the very beginning of the wind and is normally a hot version of a pickup. The third lead "taps" the wind for a lower output. So in effect you get a single coil with two possible outputs.

Splitting normally refers to operating a humbucker on only one of its coils by shorting out one of the coils, in effect "splitting" the pickup in half.

The is a huge amount of information available off of the SD main site under support. The FAQs page as well as some of the other references there can be a huge help to some of the newer guys that don't yet understand all the terminology.

Yep, now you gotta go to pickup school.

I need to get a referesher course on SD single coil polarity.

Leave a comment:

• mmguz
    replied

My luthier does it and sounds great in a rg 570
    positions
    1- s1 (stock single)
    2- S1 + 59n split ( great for cleans)
    3-59n
    4-59n+jb ( beautiful tone)
    5- JB

I donīt know how he do this but that was exactly what i wanted, and its a very versatile combo

Leave a comment:

• Stratoplayer
    replied

So what's the verdict? SSL-1 standard or RW/RP to combine with a split JB and 59? I just got my RG1570 today, so it's important to know lol.

Leave a comment:

• sean hood
    replied

Tapped pickups are split pickups (humbuckers split to single coil)

Leave a comment:

• kelvin
    replied

Originally posted by frankencat
    Actually...that is incorrect. If you use the standard polarity as in the SD diagrams that come with the pickups a standard polarity single will be hum-cancelling with a tapped humbucker. Been there done that many times. Peace .
    what is tapped pups?
    so confused

Leave a comment:

• frankencat
    replied

Originally posted by Robert S.
    You'll want a rw/rp SSL-1 to keep the combined positions hum cancelling.

Leave a comment:

• Robert S.
    replied

Yes it is Kelvin and that was exactly what I was talking about. You'll want a rw/rp SSL-1 to keep the combined positions hum cancelling.

Leave a comment:

• kelvin
    replied

anyone ? ^^

Leave a comment:

• kelvin
    replied

hi guys ,

is it able to do this :

pos 1 = full 59
    pos 2 = coil 59 + SSL1
    pos 3 = SSL1
    pos 4 = coil 59 + coil JB
    pos 5 = full JB

is this splitting good or better than
    "especially if you split the JB and 59 in the 2 and 4 positions." as Robert said ?

and i cant even find a wiring diagram for HSH on the duncan website

Leave a comment:

• Lewguitar
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Stratoplayer
    How do the JB and 59 sound when split?
    They split beautifully...that's my favorite combo if great single coil tones are important to you. The Jazz neck splits nicely too.

Lew

Leave a comment:

• Stratoplayer
    replied

Originally posted by Robert S.
    Adding the SSL-1 brings some extra tones into the equation and that'll definately make your guitar more versatile, especially if you split the JB and 59 in the 2 and 4 positions.
    How do the JB and 59 sound when split?

Leave a comment:

• Robert S.
    replied

A JB and a 59n is a tried and true combo. The JB is a somewhat hot bridge pickup with a healthy does of mids. It's a great pickup for alot of different styles and it has exceptional cleans for a 16k wound pickup. It's been SDs best seller for years for a reason.

The 59n is another pickup that you really can't go wrong with. Great articulation in the neck that sounds great both clean and under gain. I have that pair in a RG 550 and the tone is always solid ond spot on for whatever I want to do.

Adding the SSL-1 brings some extra tones into the equation and that'll definately make your guitar more versatile, especially if you split the JB and 59 in the 2 and 4 positions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X