I'm really diggin' the Custom P-90!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really diggin' the Custom P-90!

Finally got the tone pot connected correctly in my Jazz Neck/Custom P90 bridge Strat.. and I'm loving it. The cleans of the Jazz and Custom P90 combined are unreal.

The distorted sound of both pups combined leaves a bit to be desired, but this is where the Custom shines.. really warm, articulate distortion.. always seems just on the edge of screaming no matter how hard you're playing (which I love). Just a beautiful sound. It's certainly a bit on the noisy side, but it's not noticable when you're playing.

Granted, because of its P90 shape, you can't just drop it in most guitars.. but if you ever get the chance, check it out.

-alex
    -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
    I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Re: I'm really diggin' the Custom P-90!

One of my favorite pickups ever made, in fact in made me a loyal Duncan user. I have used one in my main guitar for near 14-15 years. In fact the one I have now has been in 2 different guitars and is the original one I bought new back then. They can be a bit noisy, shield as well as you can obviously. I have a Rocktron Hush in my gig bag just in case a room is really bad for EFI.

Occassionally one of my other guitars captures my imagination for a while and I don't play my Special for a period of time and it's like falling in love all over again when I plug it in

butnut bought my Dillion 56GT copy and it has both a Custom bridge and neck in it, that guitar flat out ROCKS!
    Last edited by Wattage; 05-01-2004, 08:32 AM.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

How does the Custom neck sound? I was always worried it would be a bit on the muddy side in the neck position (seeing as how it's so warm in the bridge position).

-alex
      -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
      I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

I didn't have it in the neck for very long before I sold the guitar so I don't have much of a detailed description for you. It was a huge sounding neck pup, it was fat, kind of old Santana on steroids. I didn't think it was muddy but I imagine it could lean towards that side.
        Last edited by Wattage; 05-02-2004, 07:09 PM.
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Im very curious about the custom p90 bridge, clean and distorted. If you've got any clips feel free to share
          My Soundclick page.

Comment

Working...
          X